Jawatan Kosong Sirim berhad
About Sirim berhad
SIRIM Berhad – The Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM), is a corporate organisation owned wholly by the Malaysian Government, under the Minister of Finance Incorporated. It has been entrusted by the Malaysian Government to be the national organisation for standards and quality, and as a promoter of technological excellence in the Malaysian industry. The main headquarters is located in Shah Alam, Selangor.
The organization came into operation on September 1, 1996 via corporatisation scheme of standards and industrial research institute, initiated by the government with the vision to be a corporation of choice for technology and quality.
SIRIM Berhad as the national organization of standardization and quality, and as the prime mover in industrial research and development acts as a catalyst in bringing about national economic dynamism through excellence in technology and international acceptance of Malaysian products and services. Their mission is to enhance their customers’ competitiveness through technology and quality, and fulfill the needs of the shareholders.
As such its role is to act as:
- A champion of quality
- The national technology development corporation
- Vehicle for technology transfer
- A provider of institutional and technical infrastructure for the Government
In 1964, the Government of Malaysia directed the Minister of Commerce and Industry to make a study of the establishment of a national standards organization. This is in response to the urgent necessity of adopting the principles of standardization in light of Malaysia’s accelerating industrial development.
As a result, the Standards Institution of Malaysia (SIM) was initially established as a Government department under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in early 1966. In October 1966, the Standards Act No: 76, 1966 was passed in Parliament making SIM the national standards body. SIM was governed by the Standards Council. The Standards Act provides the Standards Council with independent authority for the declaration of standards and the issuance of certification mark licences.
In 1974, the National Action Council decided that SIM be merged with the National Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research (NISIR) to form the Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM). As a result of this decision, SIRIM was established as a statutory body under the Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment by the SIRIM (Incorporation) Act, 1975 which came into effect on 15 September 1975. With this merger, SIRIM is better equipped to expand its scope of operations in line with the rapid advancement of industrialization in Malaysia.
In view of rapidly changing market needs as a result of the accelerating national industrialization and globalization of markets, there was a need to amend the SIRIM (Incorporation) Act 1975. This will provide necessary flexibility for SIRIM to respond to these changes.
The Amendments to the SIRIM (Incorporation) Act, approved by Parliament, came into effect on 24 July 1993.
The Amendments allow SIRIM to undertake commercial operations through the formation of joint-venture or wholly owned subsidiaries. Under this Amendment, the 24-member SIRIM Council was replaced by a 13-member SIRIM of which six were from the public sector and seven from the private sector. The new SIRIM Board structure enables greater accountability and efficiency, and further strengthen the linkages between SIRIM and the industry.
On 1 September 1996, SIRIM was corporatised to be known as SIRIM Berhad. SIRIM Berhad was incorporated under the Companies Act, vested with all the rights, privileges and obligations of SIRIM.
Jawatan Kosong SIRIM Berhad :
Qualified Malaysian citizens invited to fill the vacancies at SIRIM Berhad as follows :
- To provide input and assistance to the consultants in the planning and the implementation of training-led-consultancy and advisory services towards achieving syariah compliance status in enhancing the competitiveness of industries in particular the SMEs in the area of Total Quality Management using advanced quality improvement tools and techniques in line with the maqasid syariah requirement as well as assist in implementation of statutory projects/packages in support of the national industrial development.
- Degree in Islamic Studies/ Arabic Language/ Syariah/ Applied Science with Islamic Studies.
- Knowledge in Basic Quality Improvement Tools and Statistical Techniques, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001:2008, MS1500, MS1900 and MS2300
- Good communication and presentation skill.
- Ability to speaks in Bahasa Melayu, English and Arabic
Further information and how to apply, please follow :
Jawatan Kosong SirimClosing Date : 22 Disember 2013Posted on : December 17th, 2013