Jawatan Kosong Suruhanjaya Tenaga (ST)
Jawatan Kosong Suruhanjaya Tenaga
About Suruhanjaya Tenaga (ST)
Suruhanjaya Tenaga – ST or The Energy Commission of Malaysia is a statutory body responsible for regulating the energy sector particularly the electricity supply and piped gas supply industries in Peninsular Malaysia and Sabah. The Energy Commission ensures that the supply of electricity and piped gas to consumers is secure, reliable, safe and at reasonable prices.
In its efforts to further enhance the performance of the energy supply industry, on 1 May 2001, the Malaysian Government has established the Energy Commission under the Energy Commission Act 2001. The Commission became fully operational on 1 January 2002 and assumed all the responsibilities of the Department of Electricity and Gas Supply which was dissolved on the same date.
The energy sector in Malaysia has undergone significant changes since the 1990. This was driven by the Government’s aim to enhance supply security, improve efficiency and quality in utility services and increase the private sector’s participation in infrastructure development.
The Commission’s responsibilities are enshrined by the Energy Commission Act 2001 and the subsequent amendments and regulations:
- Electricity Supply Act 1990 (Amendment) 2001
- Gas Supply Act 1993 (Amendment) 2001
- Licensee Supply Regulations 1990 (Amendment) 2002
- Electricity Regulations 1994 (Amendment) 2003
- Gas Supply Regulations 1997 (Amendment) 2000
- Electricity Supply (Compounding of Offences) Regulations 2001
- Gas Supply (Compoundable Offences) Order 2006
- Efficient Management of Electrical Energy Regulations 2008
Jawatan Kosong Suruhanjaya Tenaga :
Qualified Malaysian citizens invited to fill the vacancies at Suruhanjaya Tenaga as follows :
1. Head, Promotion and Communication
- Malaysian citizen, with a recognised degree in the field of business communication, corporate communication or strategic communication with a minimum CGPA of 3.00/4.00;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken Bahasa Malaysia and English;
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience in related field;
- Strong networking and relationship building skills;
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Possess good interpersonal and analytical skills; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application software.
Further information and how to apply, please follow :
Jawatan Kosong Suruhanjaya Tenaga Closing Date : 15 August 2014