Jawatan Kosong SPAD
About Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam Darat (SPAD)
Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam Darat – SPAD or The Land Public Transport Commission was officially established on 3 June 2010 following the passing of the Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam Darat Act 2010 by Parliament in May 2010. SPAD gained its full powers on 31 January 2011 with the gazetting of the Land Public Transport Act 2010.SPAD, which comes directly under the purview of the Prime Minister, brings the functions of drawing up policies, planning and regulating all aspects of train, bus and taxi services as well as road- and rail-based freight transport under one roof. SPAD also has enforcement powers which it will carry out with close cooperation with other enforcement agencies such as the Royal Malaysian Police and the Road Transport Department.
PAD will play a central role in improving road and rail-based public and freight transport in the country. The Land Public Transport Act 2010 expressly states that SPAD shall propose policies and plans in relation to or affecting land public transport, and develop strategies in line with the approved policies and plans with a view to achieving a safe, reliable, efficient, responsive, accessible, planned, integrated and sustainable land public transport, while ensuring the provision of affordable services for the carriage of passengers and competitive services for the carriage of goods. Improving public transport is in line with one of the National Key Results Areas in the Government Transformation Plan initiated by Prime Minister YAB Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak in 2009.
With the coming into force of the Land Public Transport Act 2010, the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) takes over the functions of Commercial Vehicles Licensing Board, Department of Railways and the tourism vehicles licensing function of the Ministry of Tourism in Peninsula Malaysia. At present, the Commercial Vehicles Licensing Board, Department of Railways and the Ministry of Tourism continue to exercise their respective powers in Sabah and Sarawak.
Qualified Malaysian citizens invited to fill a vacancies at Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam Darat as follows :
1. Rail Executive
- Assist in day to day project management and related land matters for the current and future Rail or other Public Transportation projects;
- Assist in updating and monitoring of land acquisition disbursement for the KVMRT project.
- Assist in preparation of presentations and reports related to land acquisition and land matters as and when needed.
- To assist in coordination and monitoring of the document management system for the Rail Projects’ Unit. Periodic reporting and coordination of documentation processes will be required.
- To assist in coordination of communication and stakeholder relations matters.
- To assist in collation and coordination of received public complaints from SPAD Complaint Management Unit and also other related agencies.
- Be able to work under limited guidance and be responsible when required for work of others;
- Be involved with project development related activities and developing relationship within the SPAD organization.
- Undertake other assigned project management and development activities within the Division as and when needed;
- Work collaboratively within a mutually supportive team environment with a focus on team success.
- Preference will be given to degree holders in land related matters from a recognized institution. Other relevant degrees will also be considered.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a related field.
- Must have a good communication and interpersonal skills (including formal and informal presentations, written communications and reports);
- Must have a good working knowledge of Computer systems;
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- A good team player within the Division and Organisation.
2. Audit Manager
- Carry out internal audit assignments as planned with appropriate application of risks based approach
- Assess adequacy and effectiveness of Company’s internal control system and risk mgmt as well as governance process
- Make recommendation to improve internal control weaknesses and draft audit reports
- Monitor continuously the risks and developments of the business, including audit issues tracking and verification
- Perform ad hoc audit and investigations on areas of concerns as and when required
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or Professional Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent. A certified Internal Auditor is and added advantage
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia both oral and written
- 3-5 years of working experience in related internal audit/consulting field. Experience in public sector audit is and added advantage
- Preferably malay and male candidate
- Strong ground in risk mgmt, internal control, auditing and accounting concept
- Able to understands and appreciate the internal control context of business operation/strategy
- Driven to analyse internal control breakdown, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Self-motivated with high level of independence, maturity and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and report writing skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint applications and possess excellent IT skills
- Willing to travel outstation
Further information and how to apply, please follow :
Jawatan Kosong SPAD Closing Date : 07 & 16 November 2013Posted on : October 19th, 2013