Jawatan Kosong Muzium Kesenian Islam Malaysia (IAMM)
Jawatan Kosong IAMM
About Muzium Kesenian Islam Malaysia
Muzium Kesenian Islam Malaysia or Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia was officially opened on December 12, 1998. The museum is located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s tourist belt amidst the lush greenery and within walking distance to the National Mosque, Birds Park and National Planetarium.
Interest in Islamic art has grown enormously in recent years. Reflecting this awareness, in December 1998 Malaysia became home to Southeast Asia’s largest museum of Islamic art. The building occupies 30,000 square metres, situated amid the leafy surroundings of central Kuala Lumpur’s Lake Gardens.
The Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia houses more than seven thousand artefacts, as well has an exceptional library of Islamic-art books. The art objects on display range from the tiniest pieces of jewellery to one of the world’s largest scale models of the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca. The aim is to create a collection that is truly representative of the Islamic world. Instead of concentrating on works from the heartlands of Persia and the Middle East, IAMM also puts the emphasis on Asia. China and Southeast Asia are especially well represented. The third component of the Malaysian melting pot is India, which is also given special status. India, China and the Malay world are in an exceptional category. Other parts of the collection are displayed according to type rather than geographical origins in the museum’s 12 galleries.
Jawatan Kosong Muzium Kesenian Islam Malaysia
Qualified Malaysian citizens invited to fill the vacancies at Muzium Kesenian Islam Malaysia as follows :
1. Assistant Librarian
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Library & Information Science, Library Management and equivalent
- Required skill(s): sound knowledge of cataloguing and classification standards (e.g. AAC2R, DDC, LC Subject Headings, MARC21), knowledge of acquisition, cataloguing rules, serials and electronic resources subscriptions, guidelines and developments, knowledge of integrated library management system will be added advantage, IT knowledge and skills, a self-starter with qualities of a team player yet is able to work independently, well organized and meticulous.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English
- Candidate must possess recognized professional qualification to degree level preferably in Fine Arts.
- Required skill(s): Experienced and have a qualified paper in painting conservator with proven experience in practical conservation works and teaching / training.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
- Candidate must possess at least Chargeman certification ( BO ) from Suruhanjaya Tenaga and able to handle up to 11KV electrical system.
- Required skill(s):-Proficient in english. He must be able to write a report in good english, knowledge in generator sets and chiller system, multitasking skills with the passion to deliver quality work, independent, good leadership and problem solving skills.
- Required language(s): English
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Jalan Lembah Perdana,50480 Kuala Lumpur.
- Preferably Senior Executives specializing in Maintenance/Repair (Facilities & Machinery) or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
How to apply
Please send your resume online OR you may also submit your application together with photocopy of relevant certificates to the following address :-
Human Resource Department
Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia
Jalan Lembah Perdana
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Further information and how to apply, please follow :
Jawatan Kosong Muzium Kesenian Islam Closing date : 28 Jun 2014