Jawatan Kosong Majlis Perbandaran Seremban (MPS)
Jawatan Kosong MP Seremban
About Majlis Perbandaran Seremban
The development of Seremban started with the discovery of tin ore in the 1870s just like most major towns in Peninsular Malaysia. The discovery of tin in a nearby area called Rasah, saw an influx of Arab, Malay and Chinese immigrants to work on the mines and trade there. The local Malays also played a very important role towards the development of Seremban. Seremban initially known as Sungai Ujong flourished not only as a mining area but also as a business center. The Linggi River served as the sole outlet to ferry tin and supplies in and out of the town. Revenue came not only from tin trade but also from the large amount of taxes collected, much to the displeasure of traders and British colonialists in the neighbouring port of Malacca.
The local chieftains namely, the Dato’ Kelana and the Dato’ Shahbandar of Sungai Ujong were at odds with each other on the rights to collect taxes and ownership and control of the mines. The rivalry to assert influence and authority, opened the door for British intervention in Negeri Sembilan. The British sided the Dato’ Kelana upon invitation and defeated the forces of the Dato’ Shahbandar who was later sent to exile in Singapore. In a show of gratitude to the British for helping him win the war, the Dato’ Kelana had no choice but to accept a British Resident whose job was to advice him on matters other than religion and Malay customs. Captain Murray was appointed the first resident who later set-up his residence at Channer Road, now renamed Jalan Dato’ Siamang Gagap. Soon after, the people living around Rasah moved to Channer Road for security reasons and due to it’s orderly administration.
The above development led to rows of shop houses being built along Murray Road (Jalan Kapitan Tam Yeong), and the other main roads mainly, Birch Road (Jalan Dato’ Bandar Tunggal), Paul Street (Jalan Yam Tuan Antah) and Lemon Street (Jalan Tuanku Munawir). These roads were named in honour of the British Residents of the time. Seremban, earlier known as Sungai Ujong is believed to have got its name from a traditional pastime, “Sarimban”, whereby small pebbles are thrown into the air and then caught with the back of the palm.
The Seremban Town Board constitution was abolished by the Malay Rulers through Government Gazette No. 262 dated April 14, 1953. In compliance with Section 51 (1), of the Election Ordinance, Local Government 1950, the first local government election was held on August 22, 1953. Seremban was divided into electoral constituencies namely, Temiang, “Lake” Area, Rahang and Lobak. The administration of the council was in constant flux, very much dependent on the prevailing political condition of Seremban during those time. The table given below lists the names of Chairmen / Presidents the Seremban Town Council from 1953 to July 22, 1965.
Jawatan Kosong Majlis Perbandaran Seremban
Majlis Perbandaran Seremban invites qualified Malaysians to fill the positions as below: -
1. Penolong Pegawai Penilaian W27
Further information and how to apply, please follow :
Jawatan Kosong MP Seremban Closing date 25 July 2014